march mood board ~ jot

3.09.2015

March Mood Board @jotmagazine
I have said it more than once, I love a great mood board. The Jot Mood Board for March is such a fun  and inspirational mix of color and texture and pattern. Loved working with this one again for Jot Magazine blog.

March Mood Board ~ JotMagazine @jotmagazine @jamiepate #pinkpaislee
Went with an approach I do not usually take. And that was to use pattern paper for the background instead of a more neutral paper. The mood board was, to me, all about color.

March Mood Board ~ JotMagazine @jotmagazine @jamiepate #pinkpaislee
Once this board was out, I knew I had to use a recent girlfriend trip to the Southern California coast as a compliment to these fabulous colors.

March Mood Board ~ JotMagazine @jotmagazine @jamiepate #pinkpaislee

Another different approach for me and this page was limited layering. If you know me at all, I have this thing about layering. I wanted to simply share icons and colors to tell this story. The elements are a bit disconnected. But the color and feel of the embellishments keep it all together.

March Mood Board ~ JotMagazine @jotmagazine @jamiepate #pinkpaislee
Citrus Bliss from Pink Paislee found plenty of love on this page. See through elements give such a light and airy feel to this mini vacation page. Perfect! You will have to try it!

Now...do you know you have a chance to play along with this Mood Board and win stuff? Check it out over at Jot. And link up. And usher in the feeling of spring with this beautiful inspiration piece.

supplies: pattern paper: Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss. flowers: Studio Calico. photo corner, notched striped tag, camera, clear striped arrow: Pink Paislee Atlas Ephemera. label, xoxo die cut, yellow butterfly, 'it's a beautiful day' clear tag: Pink Paislee Citrus Bliss Ephemera. polka dot butterfly, 'fabulous' clear die cut: Heidi Swapp.

No comments:

Post a Comment