spring circus in august

8.27.2012

Hybrid remains my favorite approach to digital paper crafting.
RhonnaDesigns are so beautiful, I am often looking for a way to incorporate those into my everyday creative needs.
The possibilities are endless how one can use hybrid digital crafting, because of the options to print whatever one needs. Which then actually makes less fear of mistake!

jmpgirl ~ spring circus
The opportunity to create came this time by way of the need to construct a gift for my mother in law.
Being the grandmother that she is I can never get her enough photos of the grand children, so a mini album was born.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus
I printed several background patterns from the SpringCircus kit on presentation paper at home on my printer. Several embellishments came from the Tatoo and Tag kits as well as the Border kit to use throughout the mini.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus
Also, several of the Mini Stamps were printed out to use as sentiments throughout the book because I always need words to be apart of any project I encounter. And the MiniSealsBrus kit continue to be a go to kit in my hybrid arsenal.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus
The back to back book binding technique was used and each page cascades above the next. This is another go to style for me. I love for 'stuff' to be sticking out, and cascading the pages is a perfect way to show off all the gorgeous colors and patterns of this kit.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus

Hybrid paper crafting is still to me a traditional approach to memory keeping. I just possess the beauty of controlling what patterns and embellishments to print, as well as create a few of my own custom elements too.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus

And of course a card with a gift is in order. While staying with the SpringCircus kit pattern, I changed it up just a bit so they weren't matchy-matchy. I just have to add, the diamond pattern paper in this kit is so, so beautiful. There are subtle images in the pattern that really add depth and texture to this already gorgeous pattern.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus

The BorderKit has great designs that I have used very often by punching with circle punch. Like the "bloom' here.  There are lots of designs on those banner pieces in this kit, and can be used in many ways.

jmpgirl ~ spring circus

As with most of my projects, and same with the mini album itself...the WinterWhite seam binding from Zipper Stop came in handy to polish this gift and card off. I simply mist them to the color I need and always love the result. Keeps me from having to stash lots of colors when I can make what I need. But you knew that about me.

The Spring Circus kit has been in the RhonnaDesigns shop for a little bit now, but I find it can be a timeless kit with many, many elements, and perfect for hybrid mini albums and cards.

Now go...
are there any gifts you need to be crafting today?

8 comments:

  1. Jamie, you ROCK! I love this. Those mini albums are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE these papers…used them on Twitter page, had them on my blog and did the circus lollies (did you see them? I still can't stop staring at them at my home). Cannot wait to get a big circus theme going on my mantel. Love what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I love this idea and will have to copy this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie, Jamie...are you kidding me? This is WONDERFUL!!! I, too, adore Rhonna Farrer and all of her designs...you have rocked this...truly. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is soooo far than anything I could do!!! It is gorgeous Jamie! I bet she is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie Jamie Jamie this is so breathtakingly stunning, I am only now lifting my faw up off the floor, so so so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. always love your mini albums jamie, girl. love love it ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really beautiful. Great job and I"m super excited to see what you come with working with Heidi's stuff! You're one lucky gal. Get to work with Heidi and Rhonna :)

    ReplyDelete